In these conditions, unless the context requires other wise:
1.1 “GMC Publications website’ means www. www.thegmcgroup.com, www.gmcdistribution.com, www.gmcbooks.com, www.woodworkersinstitute.com, www.outdoorphotographymagazine.co.uk and any other website established by GMC Publications’
1.2 ‘GMC Publications’ means the Guild of Master Craftsmen Publications Ltd whose registered office is Quadrant House, 4 Thomas More Square, London, E1W 1YW (company registration number 1421448)
2. Application of these conditions of use
By accessing or using any part of The GMC Publications website you agree to be bound by the following conditions of use. If you do not wish to be bound by these conditions, you may not access or use The GMC Publications website.
We may change these conditions at any time without any notice to you. By your continued access and use of The GMC Publications website you agree to be bound by the most current version of the conditions of use. Please check these conditions periodically for any changes that have been made.
3. Copyright and database right
Except where otherwise noted, GMC Publications owns legally and beneficially all the intellectual property rights in the content of all The GMC Publications website pages (including the design, text, graphics and arrangements thereof) and in the software used therein. Such intellectual property rights include, without limitation, copyrights and database rights in the information displayed as The GMC Publications website Search results which are extracted from a compilation owned by GMC Publications Ltd.
4. Trademarks and intellectual property
“The GMC Publications website” and all other trademarks and intellectual property cited anywhere on The GMC Publications website are the property of their respective owners. ‘Intellectual property’ includes the trademarks, patents, designs, copyrights logos, whether registered or unregistered registered or unregistered designs utility models copyrights including design copyrights applications for any of the foregoing and the right to apply for them in any part of the world discoveries creations inventions or improvements upon or additions to an invention confidential information know-how and any research effort relating to any of the above mentioned business names whether registerable or not moral rights and any similar rights in this country or any other country logos promotional material and website addresses belonging to their respective owners
5. Permitted uses
Save as provided below, no materials from The GMC Publications website may be copied, downloaded, reproduced, broadcast, shown or played in public, republished, uploaded, posted, stored, transmitted or distributed in any way or adapted or changed in any way.
GMC Publications takes active measures to ensure that no unauthorised use or breach of its intellectual property rights is committed.
Subject to applicable third party content providers’ licences, you are allowed to access The GMC Publications website database, to make a copy of the results of any searches made in that database, and to use those results PROVIDED that none of such access, copying and use falls into, is preparatory to or enables any of the categories of prohibited conduct referred to below, and provided that none of such access, copying and use is for the purpose of and in the course of any business. For the avoidance of doubt, and without prejudice to the below mentioned prohibited conduct, such access, copying and use is permitted even for a business if such conduct is merely incidental to the business.
For the avoidance of doubt and without limitation, you are expressly prohibited from:
• modifying the data or other material from The GMC Publications website (“the Data”) or merging the Data with any other data;
• selling or trading in materials copied from the Data;
• using or redistributing the Data for the purposes of compiling databases, lists or directories, other than as and to the extent necessary to use the Data for a use not prohibited by this paragraph 4
• providing commercial information, redistributing or reproduction of the same by the press or media or through any commercial network, cable or satellite system;
• issuing questionnaires, reply cards or similar for the purpose of data capture or verification;
• permitting or allowing the Data to infringe or otherwise prejudice our proprietary rights;
• using the Data;
o For any unlawful purpose or purpose that is likely to bring any part of GMC Publications into disrepute or to cause any part of GMC Publications embarrassment.
o To send any message or communication which is offensive, abusive, indecent, obscene or menacing.
o In any way that would be reasonably expected to cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
o As source targeting material or contact data for any kind of telemarketing, direct marketing, viral or other electronic marketing activity on your own behalf or on behalf or for the benefit of another party.
6. No licence
Except as expressly provided, nothing contained in these conditions or anywhere on The GMC Publications website shall be construed as conferring any licence under any of GMC Publications’ or any third party’s intellectual property rights.
7. Disclaimer of representations and warranties
The GMC Publications website is provided by GMC Publications on an “as is” and “as and when available” basis to users. You use The GMC Publications website at your own risk.
GMC Publications and its associated content provider organisations make considerable efforts to make information made available via The GMC Publications website as accurate as possible but no warranty or fitness is implied.
Neither GMC Publications nor any of its officers, directors, shareholders, employees, affiliates, agents, third party content providers, sponsors, licensers, or the like, makes any representation or warranty or condition, either express or implied, to you:
• that The GMC Publications website will be uninterrupted or error-free;
• that The GMC Publications website or the computer server from which The GMC Publications website is made available, are free of viruses or other harmful components;
• to the accuracy, content, timeliness, completeness, legality, reliability, quality or suitability of any information, advice, content, service, search results, products or merchandise provided through The GMC Publications website
GMC Publications makes and you receive, no representations, warranties or conditions, express or implied, statutory or otherwise with respect to:
• The GMC Publications website, its content, merchandise, services, documents, information, items or materials provided by GMC Publications in connection with the use of The GMC Publications website; or
• any goods or services or information received through or advertised on The GMC Publications website or received through links provided on The GMC Publications website;
including without limitation no representations, warranties or conditions of merchantability, suitability, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement of proprietary rights or otherwise.
No oral advice or written information given by GMC Publications or its affiliates, or any of its officers, directors, employees, agents, providers, merchants, sponsors, licensers, or the like, will create a representation, a warranty or condition nor should you rely on any such information or advice.
In jurisdictions that do not allow the exclusion or disclaimer of certain warranties, the above exclusion may not apply to you.
8. Advice not provided
The GMC Publications website is a site intended to give members of the public access to information on the GMC Publications website. GMC Publications is not an agent for and does not vouch for, recommend or guarantee those persons, companies and other organisations whose goods or services may be displayed or referred to in The GMC Publications website, nor for the availability, suitability or prices of such goods and services nor for the legal entitlement, competences, professional qualifications, trade certifications, or memberships of trade associations of such persons, companies or other organisations or members.
GMC Publications advises users to satisfy themselves as to the exact type and nature of goods or services being offered or qualifications held by those persons, companies and other organisations whose goods or services may be displayed or referred to in The GMC Publications website.
The GMC Publications website may make available certain information provided by third parties. GMC Publications recommends that before you use any such information with respect to any issues or questions that you may have relating to medicine, law, accounting, financial services or advice or any other profession, you seek advice from a qualified professional.
9. Limitation of liability
Certain information may be published on this website by GMC Publications but please note that by doing so GMC Publications is not guaranteeing or holding out that such information is accurate, authentic, up-to-date or correct. Please also note that GMC Publications does not offer this information as advice within the meaning of the Financial Services Act 2000 and that in any event GMC Publications is not authorised by the Financial Services Authority to give such advice. You should in all circumstances consult your own authorised independent financial adviser for advice concerning such matters and GMC Publications accepts no responsibility whatever for reliance on any such information it provides.
Under no circumstances will GMC Publications or any of its officers, directors, shareholders, employees, affiliates, agents, sponsors, licensers, or any other party involved in the creation, production, maintenance or distribution of The GMC Publications website be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages (including but not limited to loss of profits, business, anticipated savings, goodwill, use of data or other intangible losses) that result from either:
• the use and reliance on The GMC Publications website; or
• the inability to use The GMC Publications website; or
• mistakes, omissions, interruptions, suspension, termination, deletion of files or e-mail, errors, defects, viruses, delays in operation, transmission or service response time, or any failure of performance with respect to The GMC Publications website including without limitation those arising from acts of God, communications failure, theft, destruction or unauthorised access to GMC Publications’ records, programs or services; or
• merchandise, products or services received through or advertised on The GMC Publications website and merchandise, products or services received through or advertised on any links provided on The GMC Publications website; or
• information or advice received through or advertised on GMC Publications website and information or advice received through or advertised on any links provided on The GMC Publications website; or
• any information, data, text, messages and other materials that you email, post upload, reproduce, transmit or is otherwise distributed using The GMC Publications website.
GMC Publications is unable to ensure or guarantee the security of any information transmitted over the Internet. Any information or data which you transmit to or by using GMC Publications is done at your own risk and GMC Publications shall not be responsible or liable for any damages or loss of whatever kind that may result from transmitting such information. However this clause does not apply to any personal injury or death which results from the same and GMC Publications does not seek to limit its liability in relation thereto.
If any jurisdiction does not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, liability is limited to the fullest extent permitted by law.
These conditions and any and all documents specifically referenced herein constitute the entire agreement between you and GMC Publications with respect to the subject matter hereof. If any provision contained in these conditions is determined by a court of competent jurisdiction to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable, that provision shall be severed from these conditions and the remaining provisions shall continue in full force and effect.
11. Jurisdiction and governing law
These conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England. GMC Publications controls The GMC Publications website from within the country of England. It can, however, be accessed from other places around the world. Although these places may have different laws from those of England, by accessing The GMC Publications website you agree that the laws of England, without regard to rules relating to conflict of laws, will apply to all matters relating to your use of The GMC Publications website. You and GMC Publications also agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts, with respect to such matters. Users of The GMC Publications website accessing it from places outside of England acknowledge that they do so voluntarily and are responsible for complying with local laws.
Terms applicable only to members of GMC Publications
– Shipping Policy
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF SALE OF GOODS
In these conditions, unless the context requires otherwise:
1.1 ‘Buyer’ means the person who buys or agrees to buy the goods from the Seller;
1.2 ‘Conditions’ means the terms and conditions of sale set out in this document and any special terms and conditions or other agreement agreed in writing by the Seller;
1.3 ‘Delivery Date’ means the date specified by the Seller when the goods are to be delivered;
1.4 ‘Delivery address’ means the address given to deliver the items. If none is specified it will be deemed to be your postal/billing address.
1.5 ‘Goods’ means the articles which the Buyer agrees to buy from the Seller;
1.6 ‘Price’ means the price for the Goods excluding carriage, packing, insurance and VAT; and
1.7 ‘Seller’ means GUILD OF MASTER CRAFTSMEN PUBLICATIONS LTD whose registered office is at Quadrant House, Floor 6, 17 Thomas More Street, Thomas More Square, London, E1W 1YW (company registration number 1421448)
2 Conditions applicable
2.1 These Conditions shall apply to all contracts for the sale of Goods by the Seller to the Buyer to the exclusion of all other terms and conditions including any terms or conditions which the Buyer may purport to apply under any purchase order, confirmation of order or similar document.
2.2 All orders for Goods shall be deemed to be an offer by the Buyer to purchase Goods pursuant to these Conditions.
2.3 Acceptance of delivery of the Goods shall be deemed conclusive evidence of the Buyer’s acceptance of these Conditions.
2.4 Any variation to these Conditions (including any special terms and conditions agreed between the parties) shall be inapplicable unless agreed in writing by the Parties.
3 Price and payment
3.1 The Price shall be the Seller’s quoted price. The Price is exclusive of VAT which shall be due at the rate ruling on the date of the Seller’s invoice.
3.2 Payment of the Price shall be due with order unless otherwise specified in writing. The Seller shall not be obliged to sell or dispatch any Goods to the Buyer in the absence of payment
3.3 Interest on overdue invoices shall accrue from the date when payment becomes due from day to day until the date of payment at a rate of 4% above NatWest plc’s base rate from time to time in force and shall accrue at such a rate after as well as before any judgment.
3.4 The Seller shall be entitled to suspend magazine subscription pending payment or clearance of payment.
3.5 The Seller shall be entitled to a general lien on all goods of the Buyer in the Seller’s possession (including goods of the Buyer which have been paid for) for the unpaid price of all goods sold to the Buyer by the Seller under this or any other contract.
4 The Goods
4.1 The quantity and description of the Goods shall be as set out in the Seller’s quotation.
4.1 All goods may not be resold by the Buyer and in no case may any trade mark other than those applied by the Seller be marked on or applied in relation to the Goods.
4.2 No right or licence is granted under this contract of sale to the Buyer under any patent, trade mark, copyright, registered design or other intellectual property right except the right to use or resell the Goods.
4.3 The Seller reserves the right to vary at its absolute discretion, the materials to be used in the manufacture of the Goods the subject of the Order and replace them with other materials of at least equal quality.
5 Warranties and liability
The Seller warrants that the Goods supplied will at the time of delivery correspond to the description given by the Seller. Except where the Buyer is dealing as a consumer (as defined in the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977 Section 12 as amended and/or the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999 Regulation 3(1)) all other warranties, conditions or terms relating to fitness for purpose, quality or condition of the Goods, whether express or implied by statute or common law or otherwise are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law
6 Delivery of the Goods
Delivery of the Goods shall be made to the ‘Delivery address’ address. The Buyer shall make all arrangements to take delivery of the Goods whenever they are tendered for delivery.
7 Acceptance of the Goods
7.1 The Buyer shall be deemed to have accepted the Goods 10 days after delivery to the Buyer.
7.2 After acceptance the Buyer shall not be entitled to reject Goods which are not in accordance with the contract unless such return is agreed with the Seller in accordance with any returns policy it may have in force from time to time
8 Title and risk
8.1 Title shall pass on delivery of the Goods unless the Buyer has not paid for them. In that event title shall remain with the Seller until the Seller receives payment in full, including any interest which may be payable to the Seller.
8.2 Risk shall pass on delivery of the Goods.
9 Remedies of Buyer
9.1 Where the Buyer rejects any Goods then the Buyer shall have no further rights whatever in respect of the supply to the Buyer of such Goods or the failure by the Seller to supply Goods which conform to the contract of sale – Shipping Policy
9.2 Where the Buyer accepts or has been deemed to have accepted any Goods then the Seller shall have no liability whatever to the Buyer in respect of those Goods.
9.3 The Seller shall not be liable to the Buyer for late delivery or short delivery of the Goods.
9.4 The Buyer may not withhold payment of any invoice or other amount due to the Seller by reason of any right of set off or counterclaim which the Buyer may have or allege to have or for any reason whatever.
10 Rights of Third Parties
The provisions of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties Act) 1999 shall not apply to this contract and a person who is not a party to this contract shall have no right under that Act to enforce any term of the contract.
All headings are for ease of reference only and shall not affect the construction of this contract.
Any provision of this contract which is or may be void or unenforceable shall to the extent of such invalidity or unenforceability be deemed severable and shall not affect any other provision of this contract.
No waiver or forbearance by the Seller (whether express or implied) in enforcing any of its rights under this contract shall prejudice its right to do so in the future.
The Seller may licence or sub-contract all or any part of its rights and obligations under this contract without the Buyer’s consent.
11.5 The Seller may cancel this contract at any time before the Goods are despatched by giving written notice. On giving such notice the Seller shall promptly repay to the Buyer any sums paid in respect of the Price. The Seller shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatever arising from such cancellation
12 Force Majeure
12.1 Save for the Buyer’s obligation of payment under clause 3 neither party shall be liable for any default due to any act of God, war, civil disturbance, malicious damage, strike, lockout, industrial action, fire, flood, drought, extreme weather conditions, compliance with any law or governmental order, rule, regulation, direction or other circumstance beyond the reasonable control of either party (‘Force Majeure Event’).
12.2 Each party shall give notice forthwith to the other upon becoming aware of a Force Majeure Event, the notice to specify details of the circumstances giving rise to the Force Majeure Event.
13 Proper law of contract
English law shall apply to any contract within which these terms and conditions are incorporated and the parties agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
SHIPPING/COURIER COSTS & POLICIES
(please read these policies in conjunction with our Terms and Conditions – Sale of Goods)
1. We are not obliged to ship any goods until all our charges for the goods and shipping are paid.
2. Please allow up to 28 days for despatch of your goods from the date we send you acceptance of the order, clearance of funds, checking of personal details and any other verification procedures we consider appropriate
3. All orders are subject to availability of stock. If the item is no longer in stock we will refund your payment
4. We reserve the right to insist that the goods are delivered to address shown as your delivery address in the order or such other information given to us or obtained by us.
5. If we are unable to obtain acceptance of the goods or for some other reason we are unable to deliver the goods we reserve the right to suspend delivery until payment of any surcharge which the carrier may require has been made
6. Shipping costs are based on the charges made by our carrier
7. Once you have ordered online from us you will receive an email confirming that we have received your order. If we accept your order we will send you another e-mail confirming this, giving you an order.
8. Returns/Replacements/Refunds Policy (Books)
If you cancel your contract in accordance with our Terms and Conditions – Sale of Goods:
1. The goods must be returned in the same condition in which we sent them. We reserve the right to refuse to accept worn or damaged goods or make a refund for them
2. We will replace any item free of charge that has been received by the Buyer in a damaged or faulty condition.
3. The Seller will only take responsibility for return postage if the good/goods are at fault.
4. A refund where book is part of a special offer will be adjusted to include payment for free item unless the Buyer chooses an alternative
5. We are not responsible for any costs incurred by you in returning the goods to us and you will be responsible for all customs duties and other taxes which may be payable or refundable
6. We will issue a credit through your credit card company for our charges in respect of the goods but not in respect of the delivery charges
9. Refund Policy (Magazine Subscriptions)
1. All or part of a current magazine subscription will be refunded on cancellation, from the date the cancellation is received.
2. Where the subscription includes a free gift of high value then subscription cannot be refunded.
3. The Seller will replace single copy magazines in respect of non-delivery/damaged/faulty original copy.
Examples of shipping costs are given below. For details of the actual cost of shipping please see the price shown for your shopping basket when full. Please note that you will be able to remove items from the basket or cancel it entirely before you commit yourself to paying.
We should like to remind you that risk passes to you when our courier collects your goods from us for delivery.
In addition to our charges for the goods and delivery customs duties and other taxes may be payable. The carrier will collect these taxes from you at delivery. You are responsible for paying all such taxes and duty in any event and you agree to indemnify us in respect of all such liability
ORDERS FROM WITHIN THE UK
One Book £2.95
Thereafter per book £1.95
ORDERS FROM EU COUNTRIES
One Book £3.95
Thereafter per book £1.95
ORDERS FROM OUTSIDE THE UK AND EU
Per Book £4.95